March 27, 2012
MARCH 7 – 27, 2012
TOP O’ THE NEWS
- Suggestions for a new range of systems
- HTNG celebrates tenth anniversary
Vendors strive to come up with a product name that’s catchy and memorable, and it’s often tempting to help by including a reference to this wonderful industry. Kudos to all the vendors who’ve got it right, but in the spirit of being helpful – and mindful that April 1 is approaching fast – I thought I’d offer the following suggestions to help the marketing departments of any vendors still struggling to find the perfect product name. I wonder if we’ll see any of them at HITEC?
- Inn-Decision, perhaps the best business intelligence tool on the market?
- Inn-Discrete, the most understated system available
- Inn-Case, for 24/7 back-ups
- Inn-Deed, the ultimate tool for hotel owners
- Inn-Explicable, the Help Desk module
- Inn-YourDreams, the perfect product for every property
- Inn-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, the system that really rocks.
Send me your suggestions for further additions to the portfolio, and I’ll include them in future newsletters.
HTNG is marking its tenth anniversary during its annual North American conference, to be held in Chicago from April 2-5.
- Laurent Chevillon joins EasyRMS as VP Sales for EMEA
- John Hayes hired by Regatta Travel Solutions as VP of Sales
- Minott Osborn joins Pegasus Systems
- William “Bill” Gordon hired by SPI Software as Senior Project Manager
- Steve Geltman joins SuiteLinq as VP of Content and Sponsorship Sales
- Tina Tasaka joins Cenium as Director of Sales
- Joseph Purzycki is new CEO at The Knowland Group
Laurent Chevillon has joined Easy (Ez) Revenue Management Solutions Ltd (EasyRMS)as Vice President Sales for Europe, Middle East, Africa. Prior to joining EasyRMS, Mr. Chevillon was the Managing Director, Bartech Services for Bartech Systems International; he began his career in product marketing and business development positions in the telecommunication industry.
John Hayes has been hired by Regatta Travel Solutions as VP of Sales. R. Hayes was formerly Senior Director/Business Development for Hotelicopter and then Room Key, which acquired Hotelicopter last July. He had earlier served in similar positions for two years with Mikro Systems, and for 11 years with Lexis/Nexis.
Minott Osborn has joined Pegasus Systems. Bringing over 30 years of experience in hospitality technology, Mr. Osborn was most recently Business Development Manager/Travel and Hospitality for ClickSquared. He had previously served 17 years as Regional Sales Manager for Springer Miller Systems, and had earlier held sales manager positions with Lodgistix, Flagler Computer Systems and EECO. He started his career in various management positions with Hyatt Hotels.
William “Bill” Gordon has been hired by SPI Software as Senior Project Manager. He had previously directed the provision of professional services for a workforce management software developer.
Steve Geltman has joined SuiteLinq as VP of Content and Sponsorship Sales. Mr. Geltman was most recently Vice President of Sales for LTME (Lou Tilley Media Enterprises) overseeing the Philadelphia Soul, the Maxwell Football Club, the Philadelphia Freedom, The Ron Jaworski Show, and Propper Hockey. He has also worked with NASCAR, and managed CBS Sports and the Philadelphia Eagles Radio Network, served as President and CEO of LIT Communications/Sports Marketing, VP of Sales and Marketing for HoopsTV.com, and Regional Sales Manager for Clear Channel Traffic.
Tina Tasaka has joined Cenium as Director of Sales. Ms. Tasaka brings over 20 years’ experience in hospitality technology, most recently serving as Western Regional Sales Manager for Agilysys. She had earlier held senior sales positions with Multi-Systems, Inc. (MSI), Nirvana Technology, Shift4, Rio Systems International and Springer-Miller Systems.
Joseph Purzycki is the new Chief Operating Officer at The Knowland Group, bringing over 20 years of experience with both Fortune 500 and start-up companies. Most recently he was Vice Chairman and COO of Barclaycard US, and had earlier served as Executive Vice President of Chase Card Services, and for over 20 years as a head coach of college football at University of Delaware, Delaware State University and James Madison University.
- Carefree RV Resorts chooses RDP for 39 RV resorts
- MSI releases WebRES online booking software for NovaPLUS
- Xn Hotel Systems recognized as Protel’s No. 1 sales distributor for 2011-2012
- Ariane’s Allegro V6 wins Star Award from readers of Germany’s Top Hotel
Carefree RV Resorts has chosen Resort Data Processing (RDP) to provide guest management systems for 39 RV resorts.
Enhancements to be incorporated for Carefree include improved long term rental functionality, an electrical billing module and interactive maps for online bookings. (www.carefreervresorts.com, www.resortdata.com)
MSI (Multi-Systems, Inc.) has announced the general release of its WebRES online booking software for its NovaPLUS guest management system, following a pilot test at the 170-room Virginian Lodge in Jackson Hole, WY. (virginianlodge.com, www.msisolutions.com)
Xn Hotel Systems was recognized as Protel’s No. 1 sales distributor for the business year 2011-2012. After 10 years in that role, Xn currently supports Protel software in 21 countries. (www.xnhotels.com, www.protel.net)
Ariane Systems’ Allegro V6 mobile check-in/out technology has won a Star Award in the Flexibility category from Germany’s Top Hotel trade publication, as voted on by more than 2,500 readers. Allegro works with several hotel access systems, including magnetic-stripe keycards, RFID-encoded keycards and OpenWays crypto-acoustic system. (www.ariane.com)
- Tingo.com launches hotel booking site giving travelers automatic refund if hotel rate subsequently drops
- Travel Tripper releases multilingual capabilities for RezTrip booking engine
- Room Key expands presence with four websites outside USA
- InnLink CRS receives 2012 Stevie Award in Customer Service
- Tobago Hotel & Tourism Association, Tobago Tourism Board choose Regatta Travel booking engine
- Prince migrates 11 properties to Pegasus’ RezView NG CRS
- Pegasus adds additional Voice Service call center in USA
- Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur introduces integrated Facebook booking engine with Sabre
- Starwood releases third-generation mobile app for SPG members, with “state-aware” technology
- Nicaraguan Tourism Institute picks Regatta Travel Solutions’ booking engine for US Web site
- Ringhotels to convert all 130 members to Trust International’s CRS
- Constance Hotels Experience signs with Trust International
- TravelClick announces forthcoming Release 3.0 of iHotelier Web booking engine
- TravelClick releases iHotelier OTA Sync integrated channel management software
- Preferred Hotel Group joins Roomkey.com
- Bookt to incorporate Smart Response Advanced Lead Processing in InstaManager
Tingo.com has launched a hotel booking site that lets travelers receive an automatic refund on their reservation if the hotel rate subsequently drops. Rates are taken from Expedia’s listings of refundable rates; if the price drops on Expedia after the booking has been made and before the hotel stay’s cancellation date, Tingo cancels the original reservation and rebooks at the lower rate. (www.tingo.com)
Travel Tripper has enhanced its RezTrip booking engine with multilingual capabilities, and is now available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and German. RezTrip comes with content management tools to help hoteliers manage translations easily. (www.traveltripper.com )
Room Key has expanded its presence outside of the USA with four websites in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. (www.roomkey.co.uk, www.roomkey.ca, www.roomkey.com.au, www.roomkey.co.nz)
InnLink CRS received a 2012 Stevie Award in the Customer Service category in the sixth annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service in hospitality. (www.InnLink.com)
The Tobago Hotel & Tourism Association and the Tobago Tourism Board have jointly signed agreements with Regatta Travel Solutions for its destination marketing-focused booking engine. (www.tobagohoteltourism.com, www.visittobago.gov.tt, www.regattatravelsolutions.com)
Japan’s Prince Hotels and Resorts has migrated 11 properties to Pegasus Solutions’ RezView NG CRS, and has signed for representation with Utell Hotels & Resorts under the UI chain code. Prince operates over 40 hotels and ryokans, 28 golf courses and nine ski resorts covering Tokyo and other major destinations in Japan.
Pegasus Solutions has added an additional Voice Service call center in the United States, and now offers global call centers in the U.S., Madrid, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
The Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur has introduced an integrated Facebook booking engine, claiming to be the first hotel in Malaysia to do so. The booking tool, implemented through Sabre Hospitality Solutions, links directly to the hotel’s real-time reservations system and allows Facebook fans to book within the Facebook environment and at a special rate. (facebook.com/grandmillenniumkl, www.millenniumhotels.com, www.sabrehospitality.com)
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has released its third-generation iPhone, iPod and iPad application for its Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program. In addition to enhanced services such as FaceTime integration, it also employs “state-aware” technology, sending guests an email 48 hours before arrival, customized to the specific brand and property’s look and feel. The application was developed with Dallas-based BottleRocket.
INTUR, the Nicaraguan Tourism Institute, has selected Regatta Travel Solutions’ booking engine for its US Web site. (NicaraguaTourism.us, www.intur.gob.ni, www.regattatravelsolutions.com)
The Ringhotels hotel consortium will convert all 130 of its members to Trust International’s CRS by the end of April 2012. The hotels will use TourOnline’s channel management system, DIRS21, to connect to Trust.
Constance Hotels Experience, a group of 7 luxury hotels in Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and the Maldives, has signed with Trust International. Trust will provide global distribution services, direct connects to online travel agencies, internet booking engine and commission payment services.
(www.ringhotels.de/en, www.constancehotels.com, www.trustinternational.com )
TravelClick announced a forthcoming Release 3.0 of its iHotelier Web booking engine, which will be released later this year. iHotelier Web 3.0 is intended to optimize navigation and customization to generate more web bookings with fewer clicks.
Since acquiring EZYield last year, TravelClick has also developed its iHotelier OTA Sync integrated channel management software to connect online travel agencies directly to a property’s PMS.
Preferred Hotel Group has joined Roomkey.com, becoming the group’s first commercial partner supplier of independent luxury hotel inventory. (RoomKey.com )
Bookt has announced that it will incorporate Smart Response Advanced Lead Processing in all current and future InstaManagers, providing automated responses to inquiries. Smart Response has been integrated into the InstaManager CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System which automatically consolidates leads from all sources, and to the InstaManager Reservation System. (www.bookt.com)
- Royal Park Hotel signs with TIG Global for new website, internet marketing services
- Mohegan Sun selects Infor’s Infor10 CRM Enterprise suite
- VFM Leonardo launches enhanced version of VPowered Mobile Hotel Website
- Libra OnDemand announces “responsive design” email campaign software
- Buuteeq releases 360 Analytics online marketing channel tracking application
- The Knowland Group receives two Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service
- Norwegian Cruise Line picks Agilysys’ DataMagine for newest ship
- Infor releases Inforce Everywhere, incorporating Infor ERP data with Salesforce CRM
- Pegasus’ Open Hospitality division offers OpenFlex responsive web design for hotels
- Pegasus releases RezView Mobile to let hotels using RezView NG design downloadable mobile booking apps
The 143-room Royal Park Hotel, Rochester, Michigan, has signed with MICROS Systems’ TIG Global subsidiary for a new website and strategic internet marketing services. (www.royalparkhotel.net, www.tigglobal.com)
Mohegan Sun has selected Infor’s Infor10 CRM Enterprise suite (formerly Epiphany) to help improve customer service through consolidated data access and the ability to track customer preferences. Mohegan Sun will implement the Sales, Service and Interaction Advisor components, the latter to help it individualize communication with guests at various touch points for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities. (www.infor.com/solutions/crm/crm-enterprise/)
VFM Leonardo has launched an enhanced version of its VPowered Mobile Hotel Website with detection and display technology to ensure correct formatting for the user’s smart phone or other mobile device. (www.vfmleonardo.com)
Libra OnDemand has announced its “responsive design” email campaign software, which formats emails automatically to fit the screen of each device. (www.libraondemand.com)
Buuteeq has released its 360 Analytics online marketing channel tracking application, delivering real-time performance reports for web, mobile and social channels including visitor, conversion and booking summaries. (www.buuteeq.com)
The Knowland Group has received two awards at the 6th annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, a gold for Sales Department of the Year – Hospitality & Tourism, and a bronze in the Customer Service Department of the Year – Computer Software. (www.KnowlandGroup.com)
Norwegian Cruise Line has selected Agilysys’ DataMagine document management software for its newest and largest ship, Norwegian Epic. The system will enable staff to remotely register children and teens in the ship’s youth activity programs using its tablet-based electronic registration application. Parental signatures, medical information and other registration data is archived as PDF files; wristband labels are printed with information such as age group, allergies and muster station. DataMagine is integrated with the ship’s property management system and matches photos of the children and teens participating in the programs with photos of the adults designated to pick them up, and captures and stores the electronic waivers required for on-board activities, such as rappelling and rock wall climbing. (www2.ncl.com, www.agilysys.com)
Infor has released Inforce Everywhere, incorporating Infor ERP data with Salesforce CRM to provide users with a 360-degree view of their customer data including contacts, quotes, orders, shipments, invoices, receivables and returns. (www.infor.com)
Pegasus Solutions’ Open Hospitality division is now offering its OpenFlex responsive web design for hotels, allowing them to deliver hotel content correctly formatted to any mobile device.
Pegasus has also released RezView Mobile, which allows hotels using Pegasus’ RezView NG CRS to design downloadable booking apps for their guests to use on their Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.
- InnLink integrates RateGain’s PriceGain competitive price intelligence into CRS
- De Vere Group picks SiteMinder channel distribution services for 27 properties
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino implementing Rainmaker
- First Hotel Avalon Göteborg implements EasyRMS
- Lindner Hotels & Resorts implementing IDeaS in remaining 11 properties
- Reconline AG integrating RateGain’s ChannelGain online channel management with reconline|CRS platform
InnLink has integrated RateGain’s PriceGain competitive price intelligence into its CRS. (www.rategain.com, www.innlink.com)
Britain’s De Vere Group has signed with SiteMinder for channel distribution services, linking its Micros Opera Central Reservation System and IDeaS Revenue Management System to multiple online booking channels. The 11 properties under De Vere’s Hotels brand have already implemented SiteMinder; the 26 De Vere Village properties are scheduled to follow in the next few months. (www.deveregroup.co.uk, www.siteminder.com)
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino in Delaware is implementing the Rainmaker Group’s revolution profit optimization application, aiming for completion later this year. Dover Downs includes a 500-room hotel, nine food and beverage outlets, a spa, gaming floor and 35,000 sq. ft. of group convention facilities. (www.doverdowns.com, www.LetItRain.com)
The 101 room First Hotel Avalon Göteborg, Sweden has implemented Easy (Ez) Revenue Management Solutions (EasyRMS). (www.firsthotels.se/avalon, www.EasyRMS.com)
Lindner Hotels & Resorts is implementing IDeaS Revenue Solutions’ Revenue Management System (RMS) in its remaining 11 properties, and now uses IDeaS across its full portfolio of 32+ properties in Germany, Austria, Spain, Switzerland and Belgium. A new hotel is due to open in Slovakia by the end of 2012. (www.lindner.de/en, www.ideas.com)
Reconline AG is integrating RateGain’s ChannelGain online channel management with its reconline|CRS platform and will offer 2-way connectivity for hotels to GDSs, offline travel agents and wholesalers. (www.reconline.com, www.rategain.com)
- Gainey Suites Hotel implements NORTHWIND’s new Maestro Group Connection Suite
- Imbookin.com launches online event space booking tool
- Washington State Convention Center selects PSAV as preferred in-house provider
- Quadriga launches QDelegate mobile app
- Discover Lehigh Valley deploys Passkey’s GroupMAX ME
- Worldhotels signs with StarCite
The 162-room Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ has implemented NORTHWIND’s new Maestro Group Connection Suite of mobile-optimized group management tools and services. The Suite helps meeting planners manage multiple rooming lists for multiple events online through Maestro’s ResWave online booking engine, integrated with the Maestro guest management system. The main functions offered by the Group Connection Suite include 24/7 real-time group member reservations, group rooming lists, custom group/event landing pages, automatic personalized group member e-confirmations and updates, group up-sell of amenities and activities, and online RFP processing. (www.gaineysuiteshotel.com, www.maestropms.com)
Imbookin.com has launched an online event space booking tool. Searches can be filtered by date, budget, guest count, location, privacy, amenities, age group, and keywords such as open bar, cash bar, minimum spend, dinner, appetizers, etc. Features in development include map-based searches, videos, user profiles and reviews, and a “special offers” engine for venues. Available nationwide with an initial focus on New York City, locations planned for the next two years include Washington, D.C., Boston Chicago, Miami, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. (imbookin.com)
Washington State Convention Center (WSCC) has selected PSAV Presentation Services as its preferred in-house provider of event technologies, including HD video conferencing, digital interactivity and mobile device deployment such as the development of dedicated meeting apps. PSAV’s technicians will reside onsite at the WSCC, with a dedicated event technology expert consulting with each group. (www.wsctc.com, www.psav.com )
Quadriga has launched its QDelegate mobile app, offered standalone or integrated with Quadriga’s Sensiq TV platform. It provides event delegates with information such as schedules, presentations, speaker profiles, attendee lists, maps, logistics and exhibitor listings, with real-time updates. (www.quadriga.com )
Discover Lehigh Valley has deployed Passkey’s GroupMAX ME to streamline hotel reservations for sports events; the Valley hosts over 30 sporting events annually occupying more than 7,500 room nights. (www.DiscoverLehighValley.com, www.passkey.com)
Worldhotels has signed with Active Network’s StarCite, allowing its 500 affiliated hotels to promote their meeting/function capabilities within StarCite’s Supplier Marketplace and to respond to RFPs quickly and efficiently. (www.worldhotels.com, www.starcite.com)
- Ruby Tuesday implements MICROS’ Table Management System across 750+ locations
- Pinkberry integrates Google’s Wallet NFC payment system into MICROS POS systems
- Wynn Resorts selects MICROS’s Simphony Enterprise POS for Wynn Las Vegas and Encore properties
- ReServe Interactive celebrates 15-year anniversary
Ruby Tuesday has implemented MICROS Systems’ Table Management System (TMS) across 750+ locations.
Global yogurt retailer Pinkberry has integrated Google’s Wallet payment system into its MICROS POS systems. Wallet allows customers to tap their NFC (Near Field Communications) phone or other device on a reader to make their purchases, redeem coupons and receive discounts; it is now live in 69 Pinkberry locations in the U.S.
Wynn Resorts has selected MICROS’s Simphony Enterprise POS for its Wynn Las Vegas and Encore casino resort properties, upgrading from its existing MICROS 9700 Hospitality Management System and other POS systems. The project encompasses over 100 revenue centers across the two properties, with over 500 MICROS Workstation 5A terminals.
(www.rubytuesday.com, www.pinkberry.com, www.wynnlasvegas.com, www.encorelasvegas.com, www.micros.com)
ReServe Interactive is celebrating its 15-year anniversary. (www.reserveinteractive.com)
- Hotel Villa d’Este implements Swisscom’s ConnectedHotel TV system, wired and Wi-Fi Internet
- Locatel launches new STB10 IPTV set-top box for hospitality market
- VingCard Elsafe interfaces RFID hotel locking systems with SKIDATA access-management and ticketing
- Quadriga SmoovieTV pre-pay TV system now supports LG Pro:Centric V TVs
- Quadriga launches QValet and QMenu mobile-based apps
- Courtyard by Marriott Brussels installs Philips MediaSuite TVs
- Conrad Hong Kong implements MTech’s HotSOS
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong implementing MTech’s HotSOS and REX
- Club Magnolia picks Blueprint RF for wireless, wired LAN services during US Masters Tournament
- Intelity ICE now available in all western and double-byte character-based languages
- Intelity ICE now has fully-certified integrations with 25 hospitality management systems
- YOTEL New York implements ARINC’s microFIDS airline flight information service
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on The Bund installs guestLINK connectivity panels
- Hyatt signs master agreement with Roomlinx for iTV in U.S., Canada and Caribbean
Hotel Villa d’Este has implemented Swisscom’s ConnectedHotel TV system in all 152 guest rooms, plus wired and Wi-Fi Internet service. A service management contract covers all network devices, with a view of their real-time status available to the hotel via an extranet. (www.villadeste.com, www.swisscom.com/hospitality)
Locatel has launched its new STB10 IPTV set-top box for the hospitality market. When packaged with Locatel’s Eclipse SW, the STB10 consolidates broadcast, OTT and local contents through a single device. (www.locatel.net)
VingCard Elsafe has interfaced its RFID hotel locking systems with SKIDATA, an Austrian provider of access-management and ticketing for ski resorts, airports, sports venues and tourist attractions. The interface lets skiers use their RFID-enabled ski pass as a guestroom key at surrounding hotels and resorts. (www.skidata.com, www.vingcardelsafe.com)
Quadriga announced that its SmoovieTV pre-pay TV system now supports LG Pro:Centric V TVs. SmoovieTV lets hotels rent access to the TV or charge for an extended range of TV channels.
Quadriga has launched two more mobile-based communication platforms:
- QValet provides guests with an interactive view of hotel, local and partner information, and lets them make bookings and purchase products and services both within the hotel and externally. Guests can use it via in-room tablets or download it to their mobile devices.
- QMenu is a tablet menu application for wine, bar and food selections.
QValet and QMenu are both powered by iRiS Software Systems Ltd.
The 191-room Courtyard by Marriott Brussels has installed Philips MediaSuite TVs, the first hotel in Benelux to do so. (www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/brucy-courtyard-brussels/, www.philips.com/hoteltv)
The Conrad Hong Kong has implemented MTech’s HotSOS guest service management system, through McLaren Technologies Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is implementing MTech’s HotSOS guest-service and REX housekeeping management systems, through McLaren Technologies Asia Pacific.
(conradhotels3.hilton.com, www.m-tech.com, www.jazz-fusion.net, www.mclarenint.com)
Club Magnolia has chosen Blueprint RF to provide wireless and wired LAN services for its patrons during this years’ Masters Tournament in Augusta, Georgia. Blueprint RF will provide an internal network to serve guests’ wireless internet access, as well as secure channels for streaming video and other communications. (www.clubmagnolia.com, www.blueprintrf.com)
Intelity announced that its ICE (Interactive Customer Experience) enterprise application is now available in all western and double-byte character-based languages.
Intelity announced that ICE now has fully-certified integrations with twenty-five hospitality management systems:
- GMS: Opera, Epitome, Genesis, Hilton OnQ, Galaxy, RDP and Wyndham Focus.
- POS: Micros 9700, Micros 3700, HSI, Radiant Aloha and Agilysis Infogenesis.
- Ticket Systems: Mtech HotSOS, RoyalService, Concierge Direct and Hotel Expert.
- Room Control: AMX, InnCom and VDA.
- Others: Delphi, Spa Soft, OpenWays, Epicure, Resort Suite and PrinterOn.
Intelity ICE is now deployed in almost 500 hotels worldwide.
The YOTEL New York has implemented ARINC’s microFIDS airline flight information service on its guestroom TVs, claiming to be the first hospitality operation to do so. The system displays flight information from JFK, LaGuardia and Newark airports through a collaboration between ARINC and TTI Technologies International. (www.YOTEL.com, www.ttitel.com, www.arincmanagedservices.com)
The Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on The Bund has installed guestLINK connectivity panels in all 257 rooms to allow guests to connect their personal media devices to the guestroom TV. Supported equipment includes laptops, iPads, iPods, Androids, Xooms, personal gaming stations, camcorders and digital cameras. The hotel also installed the panel in its six meeting rooms to streamline presentation capabilities. (www.waldorfastoriashanghai.com/english, www.guestlink?cii.com)
Hyatt Hotels Corp has signed a master agreement with Roomlinx to provide its iTV integrated in-room entertainment, high speed Internet and High Definition TV programming to participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. The system has already been installed at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans, Andaz 5th Avenue in New York and Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center; up to 60,000 Hyatt rooms are expected to be installed within the next two years. Services offered through the HDTV include:
- Internet apps including Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- International and U.S. television programming on demand
- Click and Go TV program guide
- Web games
- MP3 player and thumb drive access
- Ability to send directions to a mobile device
- Order room service
- Interact with hotel staff
- Make restaurant reservations
- Edit and print documents
- Direct access to local dining, shopping, nightlife, cultural events and attractions
- Shift4 now a Microsoft Dynamics ERP Partner
Shift4 Corporation has announced its membership in the Microsoft Partner Network, and its status as a Microsoft Dynamics ERP Partner. (www.shift4.com)
- Kempinski Hotels launches KREEN energy consultancy for hotel properties
Kempinski Hotels has launched an energy consultancy, KREEN (Kempinski Renewable Energies), catering specifically to the hotel industry’s needs and claimed to be the first from a hotel group. Its priority is to optimize energy consumption management at Kempinski hotels and at other hotel brands through concrete environmental protection standards, and to decrease operating costs long-term. KREEN is a joint venture between Kempinski Hotels, Marshfield Energy Switzerland and ÜWG Engineering GmbH, a subsidiary of Stadtwerke Mainz AG, combining the latter companies’ technical experience with Kempinski’s hotel planning and operations experience and access to hotels and hotel owners. (www.kempinski.com)
- Conrad Hong Kong implements Jazz call accounting, DuVoice voice mail
The Conrad Hong Kong has implemented Jazz call accounting and DuVoice guest and administration voice mail, through McLaren Technologies Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. (conradhotels3.hilton.com, www.m-tech.com, www.jazz-fusion.net, www.mclarenint.com)
- VingCard Elsafe interfaces RFID locking systems with SKIDATA access-management and ticketing system
- VingCard Elsafe awarded U.S. patent for VISIONLINE wireless networking platform
- Extended Stay Hotels to install Onity’s HT24 magnetic-stripe locks in 290+ properties
VingCard Elsafe has interfaced its RFID hotel locking systems with SKIDATA, an Austrian provider of access-management and ticketing for ski resorts, airports, sports venues and tourist attractions. The interface lets skiers use their RFID-enabled ski pass as a guestroom key at surrounding hotels and resorts.
VingCard Elsafe has been awarded a U.S. patent for its VISIONLINE ZigBee-based proprietary wireless networking platform, which connects standalone electronic locks and other guestroom devices and systems via a central property server. In addition to communication, the protocol may be used to control and monitor various aspects of the devices throughout the network.
Extended Stay Hotels plans to install Onity’s HT24 magnetic-stripe locks in more than 290 of its 685 properties across the United States. (www.extendedstayhotels.com, www.onity.com)